Cream Cherry Blossom Branch Pendant (I love all of her cherry blossom pieces!)
Red Flower on White Iridized Pendant (This is so simple and elegant!)
Silver Swirls Dichroic Pendant (I have a huge affinity for spirals, and I love how this piece incorporates them!)
1. The address of your Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/beautifulschlopp
2. Description of what you make: I make Beautiful Schlopp- casual, fun, unique, sloppy yet beautiful, one-of-a-kind items for everyday wear or use! I'm a glass artist who works in all aspects of glass- stained glass, fusing, borosilicate, etc.
3. Your favorite creation: My newest obsession are my Cherry Blossom pieces. Though they take 2-3 firings in the kiln over several days to create, I am completely enamored with and so very proud of them and the fact that I was able to produce the picture I had in my head.
4. How you learned your craft: My mother has been doing stained glass for the better part of 10 years. She had actually invited me to take her first beginning stained glass class with her. I declined thinking that it was an 'old lady hobby'. She persevered and I was able to watch as she learned and created new pieces. Her work area at home kept growing from just the kitchen table to the unused dining room to the full working studio with room to teach classes that my husband and brother-in-law built out for her in her basement. To make a long story short, she bought the glass store in our area and I went to work for her after having my 2nd child. I still had yet to even touch art glass, but immediately fell in love with it and jumped right in (not literally, of course). I caught on very quickly being a fast learner and having the opportunity to work with it full time (and get paid as well!). We started stocking fusing supplies and introduced our community to that glass art technique. Unfortunately, we have since had to close the store (darn economy), but we both now have a full studio at home. I work out of my basement and have the means to work cold, warm, and hot glass (stained glass, fusing, and lampworking).
5. Years you have been creating: I just passed 2 years working with glass this September.
6. Description of the item you are giving away: A White Cherry Blossom Branch Pendant. This stunning pendant spent a lot of time in the kiln prior to completion. I started by hand painting the branches on a white piece of glass. They were permanently fired on at 1500* F while pink frit was allowed to ball up into the blossoms at the same temperature. Once the glass annealed and cooled, the glass was put back in the kiln and the blossoms were attached to the pendant at 1300* F allowing them to keep their texture. All this time and heat produced a beautiful adaptation of a cherry blossom branch created in glass! Through the new year, I have a holiday sale running- 10% off and order over $10! Customers can either wait for an adjusted invoice prior to paying or complete payment and receive a refund through PayPal. But I'd also like to extend an offer to your readers. They can receive an extra $5 off any purchase over $20 by leaving the code "1ST GIVEAWAY" in the notes to seller.
In order to win this great necklace (with free shipping worldwide) you must do the following things.
- Become a follower of this blog (not anonymously)
- Visit Beautiful Schlopp's Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/beautifulschlopp
- Come back here and post which item is your favorite (please post a link) and your email address so that I can contact you if you win