I picked this shop because I really love the overall style of the pieces. All of the items are tied together with this wonderful primitive country style that makes me want to live in an old farmhouse. Here are my favorite items!
Mr Bones (This guy is so detailed, and somehow manages to look kind and innocent.)
The Cat in the Pumpkin (This just makes me smile...look at the expression on the pumpkin!)
Snowmen Earrings (These are adorable...I think I may need a pair in time for Christmas!)
In the artist's own words...
1. The address of your Etsy shop:http://www.brownsco.etsy.com/
2. Description of what you make:We are a husband and wife artist team. I work with wood, chalkware, clay and papier mache. My wife works with dried, fresh and artificial flowers and hypertufa. These creative passions led us in 2008 to start Brown’s Country Originals. The name came from living in the country and our last name.Hypertufa is a lite weight concrete. Besides the paper mache and chalkware we have a line of garden items my wife makes country/primitive hypertufa birdbaths, flower planters and flower pots. I make country/primitive wooden potting benches, planter and garden stakes.
3. Your favorite creation:Humpty Dumpty
4. How you learned your craft:I started making furniture .... I soon realized it took a lot of storage space. It was not eay to pack and unpack plus I needed a big truck to haul the furniture to shows. I decided I needed something that took up less space. For years I collected paper mache and chalkware Santas, so I decided to try and make some myself. Read various articles on ceating paper mache and chalkware ... experimented with various receipes and finally came up with one that worked for me.
5. Years you have been creating:I have worked with wood, chalkware, clay and papier mache for the past 20 years.
6. Description of the item you are giving away: A chalkware snowman pin.
In order to win this prize, you must do the following things.
- You must live in the lower 48 states of the US
- Become a follower of this blog (not anonymously)
- Visit Brown's Country Originals on Etsy at http://www.brownsco.etsy.com/
- Come back here and post which item is your favorite (please post a link) and your email address so that I can contact you if you win.
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following things.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Post the link in a separate comment here (1 extra entry)
- Blog about this giveaway. Post the link in a separate comment here (3 extra entries)
- Make a purchase from either Brown's Country Originals or Altered Beauty and post the transaction link here (5 extra entries per purchase)
That's it! I will randomly select a winner next Friday at 12:00AM. If you win, I will contact you via the email address you provide in your comment. Thanks so much for participating and learning more about Brown's Country Originals!