I am really excited to be featuring this amazing seller. I picked this shop because her artwork is thought provoking and often beautifully dark. Plus, her descriptions are beautiful. I admit, item descriptions are a big selling point for me. When something is beautifully described, it makes the artist's passion shine through. Here are my favorite items:
The Hunter (This is so disturbing to me! I fully believe that the best kind of art is art which evokes a reaction, and this definitely does that!)
Fear's Uncloaking (I love artwork that offers new perspectives on fairy tales and old stories. This is beautiful!)
Handmade 1970's Italy Envelopes (That's right, she makes beautiful envelopes too!!!)
In the artist's own words...
1. The address of your Etsy shop: http://www.studiomme.etsy.com/
2. Description of what you make: I'm primarily a pen and ink artist who illustrates fairy tales and Victorian stories of my own imagination. In addition, I make the occasional set of envelopes created from children's books and some really unique notebooks.
3. Your favorite creation: At this moment, my favorite creation is my Fear's Uncloaking print, inspired by Little Red Riding Hood.
4. How you learned your craft: My father used to oil paint when I was little so I'm sure I inherited my talent partially from him. Over the years, I've honed my skills through public school art classes and now a near-complete degree in studio art from Minnesota State University Moorhead.
5. Years you have been creating: Let's see...I'm 22, so subtract 3 to be safe.
6. What item are you giving away? The item I would like to give away is this small, 5" x 7" print entitled, "Lover of a Star," inspired by the Neil Gaiman novel, "Stardust". Printed by a high-quality Epson printer with archival ink on 100% cotton rag, archival safe paper, the image will measure 4" x 6" to allow for easy framing. Value is $15.00. The print is unsigned and unnumbered.
Lover of a Star Print
In order to win this amazing prize, you must do the following things.
- Become a follower of this blog (not anonymously)
- Visit Studio MME's Etsy shop http://www.studiomme.etsy.com/
- Come back here and post which item is your favorite (please post a link) and your email address so that I can contact you if you win