Monday, August 17, 2009

PLEASE JOIN ME IN NOT SUPPORTING COMPANIES WHO SPONSOR AN ANIMAL TORTURER

Hi everyone. Thanks to a post made by Robin that can be found on her blog here, I will be doing what I can to boycott the sponsors of the Eagles for hiring the dog killer Michael Vick. It makes me sick to think that there are people out there volunteering their time to help animals that people like Michael Vick have tortured, when Michael Vick himself is being rewarded with a handsome paycheck. In my opinion, two years of prison does not serve justice to the beautiful, defenseless dogs that he slaughtered.

I think I am so passionate about this because two years ago, I got my first dog. (I am 28) Because of terrible asthma and allergies growing up, I lived in a room with linoleum floors, had daily breathing treatments, and certainly could not have pets. I once had to go to the ER to get an adrenaline shot for petting a rabbit in my kindergarten class. As I got older, my health improved and pets became a possibility. My husband Mark and I had birds, but not anything furry. One afternoon, he was driving to the DMV and a little dog ran out in front of his car. He stopped, and the dog ran to a parking lot and curled up in a little trembling ball in a bush. Mark coaxed him out, and got him in the car. Over the next few weeks we fell in love and realized that he had been abused. He flinched when we pet him, and was very anxious. We never found the owner, and so we got him chipped and checked at the vet. His name is Buddy, and he has changed my life in ways I never thought possible. Here is a picture.

3 comments:

  1. Buddy is adorable!!! What a cool story about how you found each other!

    thanks for supporting the Michael Vick & Eagles sponsors boycott. Even if it does nothing, it FEELS good to not patronize them. I stopped shopping at Acme and I KNOW they'll notice how much more Breyers vanilla and Milkbones are left on their shelf!! robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly aobut vick. MY Blossom, a rescued puppymill survivior Maltese and I wave to you!

    ReplyDelete